If you’re considering a sale in the short to medium term, the following five key areas are worth considering now to ensure an easy process and the maximum price for you.
- Are your information systems robust enough to provide a buyer with the information they require. These will often include (segmental) financial reporting, operational data and forecasts.
- How strong is the management team and how capable is it of running the business without input from the shareholders?
- What are the company’s key assets and will any pre-sale restructuring be required?
- Can the ‘quality of revenues’ be improved? Examples include increasing contract longevity and reducing customer concentration.
- What other improvements can be made today, which a buyer will appreciate and by likely to pay a premium for?
Magma Corporate Finance specialise in helping small and medium sized businesses to achieve successful exits.
If you are thinking about selling now, or in the near future, please contact our Corporate Finance Team on either 01788 539000 or 0116 261 0061.