What you will be doing:
You will have responsibility for your own portfolio, whilst also working alongside experienced Tax Partners and Senior Managers on bespoke advisory projects.
You will work with a diverse range of clients across numerous different sectors, covering all areas of corporate tax including the following:
- Managing a portfolio of clients, which will include management of and involvement in the compliance process, as well as advice in connection with annual tax matters
- Preparation and review of Research and Development tax claims, assisting clients to identify potentially qualifying projects and translating that into a claim to HMRC
- Involvement in complex and bespoke advisory projects, including detailed technical analysis, report writing, clearance applications to HMRC and overseeing implementation
This will include:
- Company reconstructions, shareholder reorganisations, share schemes and capital allowance claims
- Dealing with HMRC enquiries and managing negotiations with HMRC
- Training and coaching more junior members of the team, and supporting their personal development
Person / Personality:
The ideal candidate for this position will be CTA qualified and looking to accelerate their career in a dynamic advisory-focused environment within the entrepreneurial owner managed business sector.
The candidate should be personable, happy working in a team environment and have a desire to interact with clients.
The candidate’s experience can range from a new Assistant Manager to someone already in a Managers position.
Attributes we look for
- Commercial knowledge
- An interest in business
- Enthusiasm and ambition
- A proactive approach
- Communication skills
- Vision and fresh ideas
- Experience and technical ability