Where an employee or Director has received shares or share options in their employing company in the tax year to 5 April 2018 these will, in most cases, require reporting to HM Revenue & Customs by 6 July on a separate tax return.
In addition to the acquisition of shares, the company must consider its obligation to report any of the following events:
- Shares or securities disposed of by employees or directors;
- The grant or exercise of share options;
- Any options which have been, cancelled, or assigned or have been allowed to lapse
- Any shares or securities where there have been changes to the rights or restrictions attaching to them
- Any shares or securities which have been converted or forfeited
It is therefore important to identify and review all transactions which may give rise to a reporting requirement, to avoid HMRC from issuing penalties.
If you would like any assistance in meeting your company’s filing obligations, please call Vicky Tunaley, Rugby on 01788 539000 or Jon Kicks, Leicester on 0116 261 0061.